Saturday 13 April 2013

Scene Three Re-shoot

Today I completed all the final shooting of the third scene of my opening in the original location, Leonard Lane, Bristol. Similar to the last time I filmed in the city centre, I ensured that my actors arrived on time as I travelled with them and made sure they had brought the exact same costume. However the weather today was completely dry, completely different to the last day of shooting at Leonard Lane, but this should not be too noticeable as the majority of shots taken today were very close up on the characters.

Today's shots included:
  1. A shot similar to the original wide shot but further up the lane.
  2. A close up of the killer's feet walking past the tramp as he asks for change.
  3. A close up of the tramp's face asking for change.
  4. A close up of the killer opening his jacket to pull out a knife.
  5. An extreme close up of the wallet dropping onto the floor.
  6. Extreme close up of the tramp looking directly at the killer in fear.
  7. Over shoulder shot of the killer stabbing the tramp.
  8. A close up of the tramp's face whilst being stabbed.
  9. A close up of the killer stabbing the tramp, focusing on the retractable knife.
  10. Close up of the killer shaking the wallet to get rid of any dirt.
  11. Mid shot to wide shot of the killer walking off.
Although this is a very extensive list of what I previously stated was a very small amount of shots, I feel it would be better to include as many close up shots as I can to cut into the third scene to maintain a fast pace to the murder and make the audience feel uncomfortably close to the murder, like they will be in the first scene. I feel that I have learnt a lot from my previous two days of shooting as the filming today was completed much quicker to what I think is a better standard. I also decided to include some establishing shots at the beginning of the scene, panning down from the buildings to the ground in the alleyway to show the audience that they have been taken to a very dangerous location, possibly with the killer from the opening scene before he is on screen. I also found a dead bird in the alleyway which is lead down, similar to the blonde girl after she is killed, therefore acting as an anaphoric reference to his victim in the opening scene, suggesting to the audience they may be about to witness another murder.

Here is a rough edit of the scene which still contains the sound from every individual shot. I plan to take out all the sound and dub the whole scene myself including the ambiance. I also plan to alter the colour levels on the scene to make it appear darker and the alleyway dingier and more dangerous.




No comments:

Post a Comment